Monday, March 22, 2010

the trust factor - letting go

trust

1.
reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2.
confident expectation of something; hope.
3.
a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.


I know what it is that i lack. I lack trust. I have been holding onto something so dear to my heart and i dont know how to let it go in order for the Lord to come in and move. I fear that if i give the Lord everything than he is going to set me up and i will end up getting hurt by my expectations because he cant meet them. I know that this is not the character of my God. He loves to give us gifts. good gifts. But i have this boulder in the way and its hindering me from giving him everything, even my expectations, so that he can be God. I fear that by giving him this part of my heart and the desire that i hold onto so close will not go the way i want it to go. I have to remember that the Lord knows me best and he knows what is good for me- Its a hard truth to swallow and believe... Help me let go Lord, because i dont know how to let go. I've been holding onto it for so long...how do i finally let it go? please show me. I want everything that you have for me and that you desire for me, i know that i am slowing down this process of being completely set free, and yet your so patient with me. i give you my desires, my heart, my fears, my insecurities, and even my expectations. in jesus name. amen



in desperation,

K.

1 comment:

Fadela said...

Oh Kiki, we need to talk. Call me, I love you :)